VMware Certified Associate 6 – Data Center Virtualization Exam
This exam tests candidates on their skills and abilities identifying technical requirements for managing a VMware vSphere 6 environment and aligning them with the technical products and solutions that meet those requirements.
Please note: This exam will retire and no longer be offered after December 31, 2017.
|Exam Topics||How to Prepare||Additional Resources|
- Identify VMware vSphere Editions.
- Identify common management challenges.
- Identify common scalability challenges.
- Identify common optimization challenges.
- Explain the concept and capabilities of virtual machines and vApps.
- Explain the concept and capabilities of a virtual machine.
- Identify purpose of ESXi and vCenter Server.
- Differentiate VMware migration technologies.
- Differentiate VMware availability technologies.
- Explain the concepts of clusters and resource pools.
- Identify and explain common VMware data center products.
- Differentiate physical and virtual storage.
- Explain the use of shared storage in a vSphere implementation.
- Differentiate VMFS and NFS datastores.
- Differentiate virtual disk provisioning methods.
- Explain Virtual SAN capabilities.
- Explain Virtual Volume capabilities.
- Identify capabilities of Storage I/O Control.
- Identify capabilities of Storage DRS.
- Explain VMware virtual storage technologies.
- Differentiate physical and virtual networking.
- Differentiate VMware virtual switch technologies.
- Identify VMware virtual switch components.
- Identify common virtual switch policies.
- Identify capabilities of Network I/O Control.
- Differentiate traffic control mechanisms.
- Differentiate vSphere resource management features.
- Remediate resource management challenges.
- Identify all vMotion technologies (Storage, Resource, Long distance, etc.).
- Explain Distributed Resource Management, Distributed Power Management and High Availability.
- Differentiate vSphere high availability features.
- Remediate high availability challenges.
- Identify vSphere Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Differentiate VMware disaster recovery/disaster tolerance technologies.
- Explain vSphere Fault Tolerance.
- Identify vSphere Replication requirements.
- Explain features of VMware NSX.
- Explain features of vRealize Operations.
- Explain features of vRealize Automation.
- Explain features of Site Recovery Manager.
- What’s New in in the VMware vSphere 6.0 Platform
- VMware NSX Datasheet
- NSX Feature Walk Through
- vRealize Operations Datasheet
- vRealize Operations Feature Walk Through
- vRealize Automation Datasheet
- vRealize Automation Feature Walk Through
- VMware vRealize Air Homepage
- VMware vRealize Suite Datasheet
- vSphere Web Client
- Identify different virtual infrastructure objects within the vSphere Web Client.
- Differentiate visual status indicators for various object states and conditions.
- Describe actions that can be taken on objects given a specific state of condition.
- Differentiate the functions of the vSphere Web Client panes.
- Describe vSphere Web Client Navigation, Filter and Search options.
- Describe the Access Control system.
- Understand how roles and/or permissions are assigned.
- Understand virtual machine file and inventory structure and mechanisms.
- Understand the benefit of tags assigned to inventory objects.
- Install the Client Integration Plug-in.
- Install the VMware Remote Console.
- Install and/or Upgrade VMware Tools.
- Understand and differentiate virtual machine performance charts.
- Monitor Virtual Machine CPU/Memory/Disk utilization.
- Monitor ESXi Host health status.
- Monitor ESXi Host and virtual machine tasks.
- Monitor ESXi Host and virtual machine events.
- Monitor ESXi Host and virtual machine alarms.
- Differentiate the power states of a virtual machine.
- Configure startup options for virtual machines running on a host.
- Manage the power operations of a virtual machine.
- Manage the power operations of a vApp.
- Install a guest OS to an existing virtual machine.
- Manage removable media.
- Apply VMware virtualization technologies to resolve common data center availability challenges.
- Apply VMware virtualization technologies to resolve common data center management challenges.
- Apply VMware virtualization technologies to resolve common data center optimization challenges.
- Apply VMware virtualization technologies to resolve common data center scalability challenges.
- Differentiate SMB and Enterprise data center challenges and solutions that can be met with vSphere.
Note: the practice exam will not cover every objective in the certification exam; it is intended for a review and to gauge your learning, but it is not comprehensive. Be sure to review the exam blueprint and training plan to find other resources to prepare.
If you are interested in purchasing an exam voucher using VMware Learning Credits or a credit card, please click here.
Online examinations must be completed within 48 hours of registration with PearsonVUE.
- Your exam may contain unscored questions in addition to the scored questions, this is a standard testing practice. You will not know which questions are unscored, your exam results will reflect your performance on the scored questions only.
- VMware exams are scaled on a range from 100-500, with the determined raw cut score scaled to a value of 300.
- Scaled scoring allows for raw scores from different VMware exams to be scaled to a consistent value.
- Raw passing scores differ between VMware exams based on different technologies or different levels of competency.
- A scaled score provides a standard range for test takers and permits direct and fair comparisons of results from one exam form to another